Thursday, November 17, 2011

Little update!

So what has been going on the last weeks...
Weekdays im mostly home looking for jobs. I have to say it’s harder than expected.
I go a little bit insane of just being home. Yesterday I went to a big shopping mall to apply for jobs, they had some openings in some stores so I walked in with my CV. I never really done that before.. I have been very lucky in Sweden and Netherlands when it comes to jobs, always been referred by someone.. now I don’t have much contacts and it feels a bit like I have to start from the beginning..
Anyway, I did it.. but the results were not huge..
Sitting at home puts you down a bit, well actually allot.. feeling much better than I did 2 weeks ago, then I was really down. Pieter is being very supportive I have to say, but I need to find something to do asap so I don’t get to much down..

Wednesday we have a standing thing, going to the comedy club around the corner. Its so much fun!
Unknown comedians and the price to get in is just a couple of Euros. So if you are ever around then we for sure go there on a Wednesday night!

Weekends we try to discover new things, talk long walks to figure out the city or just take the car and drive further out the country. Went to the Wicklow mountains the other week, it really was like lord of the rings. You could see all seasons in a few hours.
We also started a little food club. Me, Pieter, Jennie, Jaap and Jonas. Like the show Come dine with me. The rules are:
You are allowed to present 3 dishes. If you want to you can have a snack before dinner. Presentations, surrounding and atmosphere is key for the whole event.

Me and Jaap already had our dinner and Pieter is up next Saturday. Everyone score the dinner from 1-10 after everyone hade there dinner we see who the winner is and that person will receive a gift of a nice bottle of wine. It’s so much fun because everyone really have to make a effort so you get allot of nice dinners!

This weekend we are taking out all furniture to replace them with the new ones we are getting. So then it will really start looking like our home!!
That was all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment